Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Batteries Left In Toy Over The Winter How Do I Clean The Battery Compartment Of A Toy Left W/batteries Over The Winter That Has Completely Corroded?

How do I clean the battery compartment of a toy left w/batteries over the winter that has completely corroded? - batteries left in toy over the winter

I left the battery in my son-powered bubble blower in the garage in winter. I have today and the battery is completely corroded. To make matters worse, I washed with water. I have tried some corrosion wiped clean and the toys and put new batteries in it, but it does not work .... Ideas, suggestions, ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have not started trying to remove rust and clean contact points with fine sandpaper, too.
You must remove all waste, corrosive Otherwise, it begins to the point where the contact of the steel corrodes attack away.

littlefo... said...

a Q-tip and nail polish remover.

hairy21 said...

I would not. Just throw them away. It's too risky to transfer the acid from the battery to his son.

drf41241... said...

for a little coke and eats the acid will also work with car batteries

lostlady... said...

Cleaned with a paste of baking soda and water in an old toothbrush. "Run the batteries until they are dead or weak battery

Post a Comment